The fact that I always hate to be older when a new year comes, there are few things left in my heart last year. Despite that I’m just a human like you, I did have ups and downs that right now I did realise they made 2016 was even more colorful.
Here are 16 personal thoughts of mine that worth to be remembered and to be grateful for on 2016:
1. Still healthy and that’s the most important I think
2. Got my very own house before 30 on January, though I still have a lot of homework to make it as close as I imagined what a real ‘home’ is
3. I couldn’t ask more than a complete family, though I did shock (and almost cried) with the fact that one of my sister was diagnosed with cancer just two days before I flew back to Africa, it didn’t stop me to be grateful for this life cause God is in control. There is a reason why I wrote the first statement the way it is because health is the real wealth
4. I did make a simply family vacation with my mom and my siblings came true. Had no regret though I thought about it since four years ago
5. Traveled to Japan alone and fell in love with the country (and I’m gonna back this year too! hopefully!)
6. Met with some travelers from different countries and became really good friends till right now. This makes me believe that there are still a lot of kind humans in this world
7. This may sound so cheesy (sorry) but bought a simple gold ring for my Mom as a gift was one the most simply beautiful thing I did this year. It wasn’t expensive (as I did wish I could buy a diamond, someday!) yet hopefully she knew how much I love her
8. There were few of my Mom’s siblings had passed away on 2016 and it made me realised that having a complete parents is the real gift I should thank more
9. Still had opportunities catching up and keeping the friendships with cool peeps but sad in the same time for the one I couldn’t meet (hello Giri, Atre, Yuriko!, we must meet this year mbak Ika!)
10. I found out the name of a place that the picture has been on my mind since I was kid called Hallstatt in Austria. A dream place where I want to spend the day by staring at the lake with a cup of hot chocolate in my hand (let’s see if this dream comes true this year!)
11. The time when I was so restless whether I had to come back to Africa or not because I felt insecure to lead my department with less supports. I thought it was so scary but my decision to try made me believe more than ever that I’m strong enough to still stand in this country, working professionally
12. Had a courage to sing in front of people at Indonesian Embassy here, finally (:P)
13. I did Qur’ban after I was off on 2015, last year was the first I did outside Indonesia. I felt grateful for that
14. Made a little surprise with Winda and Maya for one our very best friend, Ruli, on his birthday by sending him a green tea cheese cake (oh fatty! :P). When I saw his face on the picture they shared on our chat-group, it made me think to do more often for more of my best friend (my new very good friend, too!)
15. Should I mentioned that 2 pictures liked by Alice Gao on IG was worth to be remembered
cause she’s like a real star now? nah?
16. Still sharing pieces of my life on this blog with you guys :* (thanks for whosoever who pay a visit!)
17. Falling love with a stranger
Before I forget, I wish you a better New Year guys! Let’s see what 2017 has for us!